- We’ll first talk about colour, before moving onto make-up and then styling.
COLOUR & MAKE-UP:
- I’ll explain how we assess colouring types so that you’ll understand the basic science behind colour analysis.
- I’ll then hold coloured pieces of material (we call them drapes) up against your face to see which ones make you look vibrant and healthy and which ones less so. This will enable me to determine your ‘dominant colouring type’ and your second and tertiary characteristics.
- You’ll then enjoy a full makeover in the shades of make-up that flatter your complexion and colouring and I’ll share tips and techniques on how to apply your make-up. (If you don’t wear make-up and would rather not enjoy a makeover that’s absolutely fine).
- We’ll then go through all of your 36 colours so that you can see yourself in each and every one of them. You’ll learn which neutral colours work well for you and which are your complementary accent/fashion colours. All of the colours in your palette will suit you, but we’ll work out which ones really feel like ‘you’, which ones you look particularly fabulous in (your ‘wow’ colours), and which ones look great when combined.
- We’ll annotate your Colour Fan so that you can remember which of your colours are the ‘wow’ colours and which combinations look especially good on you.
- Your clothes say so much about you, so the first thing we’ll do is uncover your ‘style personality’.
- We’ll then have a look at your face shape to give you some hints and tips on the types of glasses and hairstyles that will suit you best, as well as clever make-up tips to enhance your features.
- Next we’ll look at your body shape, height, scale, and proportions (please be reassured that this doesn’t involve eight-way mirrors or getting undressed – all of this is easy to see with your clothes on!), and I’ll ask you to show me any clothes you have brought along.
- Dressing well is all about being able to pull all of this together to create looks that really work for you, that accentuate your ‘good bits’ and show off the real you. I’ll summarise your key tips and advise in your personalised Style Notes after your consultation, so that you will know exactly which styles, cuts, looks, fabrics and patterns are most flattering for you.
- I’ll also make recommendations for items that would be good additions to your wardrobe and which shops to find them in.
- You’ll leave looking and feeling fabulous … having enjoyed a complete top-to-toe makeover.