This is the time of year when we start reaching for our boots, so I thought I’d spend some time seeing what’s available. I have created Pinterest boards summarising the 200+ styles I found and grouped them according to their style:-
- flats – ankle and long
- ankle boots – block heels and higher heels
- shoe boots
- metallic and embroidery – two big themes this season
There are black and brown/tan boots a plenty but I know it’s difficult to find some of the less obvious colours so I have also created Pinterest boards for the boots I found by colour too
- red/burgundy (a big colour this season)
Here’s a link to my Pinterest account so that you can take a look for yourself.
Some pointers when choosing boots:
- Don’t forget to think about where the boots stop on your leg – it is always more flattering to avoid stopping them on the widest part of your calf.
- If you want to elongate the look of your leg, (e.g if you are petite or are proportionally shorter in your leg), choose boots in a colour that tones with your trousers or tights/skirts/dresses. I wear a lot of navy so will often pair my navy skirts/dresses with navy opaque tights and boots to give the illusion of a bit more height!
- If you struggle to find boots to fit your calves (either because they are too baggy or too tight), then it’s well worth investing in boots that are made to your specific calf width – Duo Boots make boots to your exact measurements. They cater for narrow calves or wider calves, in size 2 to 10. Or for narrow calves you could simply choose the stretchy ‘sock boot’ styles that are very current at the moment.
- If you struggle to find boots in larger sizes try Duo Boots (as above), Legs For Days, Evans, Long Tall Sally, or Danish brand Groteschoenen.
Good luck finding your boots this Autumn – I’d love to hear about any good finds!