Along with finding jeans to suit their shape (see an earlier post if you’d like help here), clients often tell me that swimwear is also a big challenge … and let’s be honest, it’s hardly surprising given that it’s probably the item of clothing that leaves the most of you on display! So here are a few tips on how to choose swimwear to suit you:
- look for padded tops, stripes, and detailing like ruffles, frills etc
- look for swimwear that comes in cup sizes and offers good support for your bust – Bravissimo is a great place to start!
- look for swimwear that has detailing on the top and is relatively plain around the bottom/hip area to bring the eye upwards
- avoid high leg styles as they tend to emphasise the bottom/hip
- choose styles that create the illusion of more curves – chevron stripes, block colours at either side etc
Conscious of your tummy?
* choose swimwear with tummy control panels, ruching and all over patterns
Prefer to be more covered up?
- invest in some fabulous kaftans and cover-ups
And remember, none of us has a perfect body. We are all beautiful because we’re us! Don’t let a few wobbly bits, cellulite or any other hang-up stop you from enjoying a fabulous holiday!