We’ve been enjoying some rather lovely sunny spells of late, so you may be thinking of investing in a new pair of sunglasses for the summer. If so, here are some key tips to bear in mind.
- Choose frames to suit your face shape – in general the rule is that ‘opposites attract’, so if you have a rounder face then the more angular styles will be perfect for you, and conversely if you have a more angular face (e.g. square or rectangular) then the more rounded styles will be more flattering. Cat-eye styles can look lovely on you if you have a square face shape as it makes the upper half of your face look broader and hence gives the illusion of a narrower bottom half. If you have a heart shape/inverted triangle face shape (proportionally broader at your forehead) then avoid the cats eye/winged up styles and instead choose a rimless frame or something with bottom heavy detail, and if you are broader at your jawline (triangle face shape) do the opposite to bring the eye upwards. Here’s a link to a quick video to remind you: sunglasses.
- Think about the width of the arms. Broader arms are great for breaking up a longer face but will make a shorter face look even shorter.
- Choose the frame colour to suit your colouring type. If you’re a ‘Light’ or ‘Soft’ for instance then be careful not to choose the darkest frames and lenses as they may look too heavy. If you’re a ‘Clear’ then why not have some fun with some bright frames! (If you’re unsure of your colouring type come and enjoy a colour consultation and take the guess work out of the equation!).
- Choose the lens colour to suit your skin tone – warmer skin tones suit the browner lens hues, whereas the grey/black tints will better suit cooler skin tones.
- Think about your scale, height and the size of your head. If you have a small head, and/or are petite and/or fine boned, for example, you need to take care not to choose sunglasses that are too big as they will overwhelm you.
If you’d like some help just get in touch. Or why not find out which sunglasses suit you, as well as how to create a capsule holiday wardrobe and pack light for your holiday this year at my Capsule Holiday Workshop 12.30-2.30 on Friday 30th June. Just email me to find out more.