Is there a biker jacket shaped hole in your wardrobe?! Biker jackets are so versatile.They can be dressed up over a smart dress or skirt or worn dressed down with jeans, crop or linen trousers. They are very on trend at the moment, but you may have shied away from them because you have a curvier shape. Well, the good news is that they now come in some ‘curve friendly’ fabrics – everything from super soft leather to jersey, broderie suede, and tweed. So here are a few I picked out as well as some ideas on how to wear them.
1. Emerald was big during the winter but it’s still going strong for summer too. Suede looks expensive but this one from Mango at John Lewis is surprisingly good value. Mix with black, navy, a print or how I’ve used it with neutral taupe for a luxuriously expensive look.
2. Classic style with a twist in black leather and navy twill from Paul & Joe sister at my-wardrobe.com. Perfect with a black dress and high heels – just one of the ways you could wear this jacket.
3. This tweed jacket by Michael micahel Kors at my-wardrobe.com is just asking to be worn for business so I’ve paired it with a red dress for making an entrance. Who says you can’t wear a biker jacket to the office?
4. The gorgeous buff leather is from Pure Collection. I’ve given it a casual dress down with spring suede boots for shopping and lunch.
5. A great jersey option available in two colours from Baukjen. I’ve played with the black and grey mix and a pop of red for the black jacket. For the yellow version I’ve kept to the yellow/grey palette but added texture with snake shoes and a soft animal print scarf.